Ariel & Demetrius

Moving to Kenya, and turning down weddings CRUSHED me.  So when we got an email from Ariel asking about a wedding right around the time we were heading back to the states, I flipped.  I was so excited.  Then I talked to her on the phone (not great reception in Kenya, but we made it work), and I was even more excited.  I immediately knew she was going to be a blast to work with.  AND she studied fashion!!! The girl is drop dead gorgeous AND has incredible style.  I was so excited!!!  We were bummed we weren’t able to shoot their engagements, but so glad when a new friend, Danielle Blocker stepped in and took some amazing shots for them.

So the day of the wedding we walked into the beautiful Victory Life Church in Hampton, not knowing a soul, and were immediately welcomed with open arms.  Ariel’s sweet, sweet momma (who put together SO much for this gorgeous wedding) stopped from running around taking care of last minute details to introduce herself/give a huge hug and ask us about our time in Kenya.  I’m tellin’ y’all this family is SO sweet.  I loved being there in that getting ready room and seeing the overwhelming outpouring of love to Ariel.  So many people helped put this wedding together because they wanted everything to be perfect for this amazing girl – and it really was.

Ariel & Demetrius, we hope you two had an amazing time on your honeymoon and are enjoying the move to New York!  We hope you love your images as much as we loved being there to be a part of your day.  Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (6)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (7)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (5)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (10)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (9)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (11)

This momma.. she’s incredible..

Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (12)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (8)

I LOVE father-daughter first looks. Adorable.

Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (14)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (13)

And her brother driving her to the ceremony on a tracker.. I love it..

Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (15)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (16)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (17)

Adorable siblings and a proud papa..

Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (18)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (24)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (28)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (27)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (26)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (25)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (21)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (23)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (22)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (20)

I mean are you serious!?!  Ariel, if the ‘behind the scenes’ in fashion doesn’t work out.. go hit the runway girl, you are STUNNING!

Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (19)

Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (1)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (4)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (31)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (29)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (3)Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (2)

Hampton-Yellow-Outdoor-Sunflower-Wedding (30)

1. niesha williams

June 4th, 2015 at 12:53 am

I loved these pictures and I really loved the way this Wedding was designed.Just Beautiful how Ariel was stunning and brought tears to my eyes. I loved this.Shout outs to you guy’s that took these Wonderful pictures. muah.

2. Dawn Ferguson

June 5th, 2015 at 5:32 pm

This was an amazing experience. The very first time I saw her brought me to my knees. I continue to thank God for allowing Barb and Rob to raise some awesome Christian kids. Ariel is amazing and surrounds herself with the same values.

It was my pleasure and honor to witness the marriage and fellowship with my family.

Thank photographers/dear friends for capturing every part of of the awesome experience. I will keep your number for my next event. GOD BLESS YOU.

3. Barbara McCalla

June 6th, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Laura and Mike…these pictures are truly awesome! You really have a calling to do the thing that you love most…capture the story of others on camera! Thank you so much for being such a blessing to our children on their special day. You felt like family while you were with us, making us feel totally at ease on what could have been one of the most stressful days of our life. We appreciate all the special touches and precious moments that will never be forgotten because of your gift. I hope this is the first of many occasions that we have a chance to share together. You guys are the best! God Bless You!!!

4. michaelandlauraphotography@gmail.com

June 6th, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Thanks Barbara! We loved being there! Thanks for making us feel so welcome.

5. Faith Candusso

June 6th, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Beautiful!

6. Jen Montaque

June 6th, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Very beautiful pictures. Beautiful couple and beautiful day.

7. Fatima

June 6th, 2015 at 3:08 pm

The pics are lovely. You guys captured such great moments. I love the one of Auntie Barbie & Uncle Robert seeing Ariel for the 1st time. Thanks for allowing me to share in the moment

8. Carolyn Singletary

June 6th, 2015 at 3:15 pm

A storybook wedding. A life filled with treasure. So pleased to have shared this day.

Carolyn & Skip

9. Kathi

June 6th, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Great pics! I especially love the one with the siblings and proud papa.

10. Stephanie Brown

June 6th, 2015 at 3:36 pm

What honor to be able to experience this precious moment with Ariel and Demetrius! Looking back on the beautiful pictures reminds me of a profound moment that was graciously shared with family and friends by two people who love each other so much!

11. Paula McCalla

June 6th, 2015 at 4:41 pm

To me my granddaughter was a beautiful, beautiful bride. I think she looked like a gorgeous model, picture perfect in the pictures, A job well done by my son Robert and his lovely wife Barbara in rearing such a beauty. I am proud grandmother. Love the pictures.

12. Cabreaea Davis

June 6th, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Congratulations to Demetrius and Ariel.
    Ariel, you are very beautiful and the camera loved you. The pictures are flawless the photographer did a great job capturing those lifetime shots. Gods Richest Blessings to the newly weds.
    Love
    Denton & Cabreaea

13. Team Reaves (Kim & Melinda)

June 6th, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Ariel & Demetrius your wedding was beautiful!!! Your photographers were AWESOME! Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of such a memorable moment! May the rest of yall’s life be the best of yall’s life. Love Team Reaves

14. michaelandlauraphotography@gmail.com

June 6th, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Thank you! We loved being there for this amazing couple!

15. Ms Pat

June 6th, 2015 at 7:51 pm

I really love all of the photos. Ariel was absolutely stunning. Photos don’t lie. I enjoyed watching the photographers capture each special moment. They were so professional. Demetrius, welcome to the family. Blessings to you both. Thank you for allowing me to witness a great day.

16. Ms Pat

June 6th, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Beautiful photos. Beautiful couple. A fav for me are the tractor pictures. How creative.

17. Floyd Brown

June 6th, 2015 at 9:05 pm

The photos taken gave a moment frozen in time in God’s perfection. Beautifully done!

18. Dayla

June 6th, 2015 at 10:52 pm

These are the best pictures and I love the sunny backyard theme!

19. Barry

June 6th, 2015 at 11:03 pm

My beautiful niece. You couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day for a perfect wedding. Love you guys.

20. NeTasha Miller

June 7th, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Michael & Laura: Awesome job. Ariel, this was the best wedding I have been to in a long time. Everything was beautiful, especially my cousin, the bride. What an emotional day it was. I’m so glad I was part of it!

21. Kristie Adebayo

June 8th, 2015 at 3:03 am

Pictures are soooooooooooo beautiful

22. Casey

June 8th, 2015 at 2:19 pm

Beautiful photos Ariel! You looked gorgeous and I love your color palette!!!! <3

23. Lisa MillerHargrove

June 8th, 2015 at 3:25 pm

This was a very special day for me. Ariel is one of my favorite nieces and I love her dearly. And I was so honored to share with her on her special day. I love you Ariel!

24. Cynthia Adams

June 8th, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Ariel Girrrrlll…… It was the best wedding ever! What awesome wedding photos! I enjoyed myself tremendously and I am very happy for you and your husband. May God Bless you both every second of every day. Stay as faithful as you are because God has great plans for you both. I will see you when you come home to visit
    Love you both.

25. carmen dickson

June 8th, 2015 at 11:34 pm

wedding pictures were wonderful. great job.

26. Carol Franzen

June 9th, 2015 at 1:30 am

These photographs are absolutely stunning! You have captured the beauty of the event. I felt as if I was there in person. Thank you!

27. Heather Wright

June 9th, 2015 at 2:29 am

These pictures are stunning!

28. Sharon Bowen-Campbell

June 9th, 2015 at 8:35 pm

I was so impressed with the care and patience that both of you took with Ariel’s wedding. Even though I haven’t seen the pictures of friends and family, yet, I was so surprised to see how much time you took to ensure Ariel and Demetrius got pictures with everyone. You were like a part of our family and friends, as if we knew you for a long time. Thank you so much and I will definitely remember your kindness and pass on the word about your great service.

29. lori van dunk

June 10th, 2015 at 6:40 pm

That was a fairytale wedding that was done so elegantly the poses were amazing which was done ontime on such a georgeous day your mom did a fantastic job may god bless your marriage forever and welcome to both of you on your new beginng