@1:20 – How does he sleep, what sleep “practices” did you use?
- Little Z’s Sleep (instagram + website)
- We “sleep trained” and it was live giving.. and so great for our marriage.
@5:30 How has it been parenting during quarantine?
- We don’t really know anything else..
- It’s tough not being able to have a babysitter, doing normal “baby classes”, socializing him, or being able to have time to ourselves.
- It’s also been great being able to be home for everything when I didn’t think I would be.
@9:55 Did you buy a crib, a bassinet, and a pack and play?
- Borrowing items when you can! Or buy off a friend/someone you know.
- You’ll use the crib for three years.
- Pack and Plays are great and pretty essential for travel.
- Our crib: Wayfair Conversion Types: Day bed; Toddler bed (I may have lied..)
- The bassinet we borrowed: $80
@13:55 What did you do to Prepare (books to read)
- Books we read
- Niles’ Birth Story
- Hospital bag
- comfy clothes, cute outfit for first picture, stuff to shower
@23:12 What are some must have items
@29:44 What are some unexpected things about parenting?
- Milestone pressure
- Working from Home – MUCH harder when they start moving.. (sorry about all the noise.. that’s him in the background)
- His new walker.. that he LOVES
- The average parent working from home during quarantine gets 3 minutes and 24 seconds of uninterrupted work time.
- Breastfeeding/formula (I was pumping, breastfeeding, and giving formula.. and it was terrible) and Rheumatoid arthritis
@38:05 How do you take his monthly pictures?
- I hate the monthly photo blankets.. they don’t sit nicely, they have to be laying down for it to work, and it’s hard to crop right.
- pick a clean background and an area with great light
- don’t feel like they have to all be the same – I wish we had used different outfits for all of them
- a letter board or some other sign makes it fun (but also more challenging as he got older)
- Chatbooks links to our personal family instagram
- Promptly journal
- 1 Second Everyday
Other blog posts about Niles and parenting..
Niles’ Birth Story
Niles turned 6 months – Medical issues and struggling to gain weight
Safari Themed Nursery
Our Practical Baby Registry – Favorite baby items for minimalist parents
Other posts for Mom’s
Maternity photo tips