It’s no surprise that Michael & I love to travel. Check out our #MLTravels, or our Kenya Blog Series. We have a serious case of wanderlust. And on this busy Friday we are even more inclined to just drop everything and go. So #7.. we’re comin’ for ya.
In no particular order, our Top 10 favorite places..
- Giant’s Causeway, Northern Ireland (If you don’t know about Giant’s Causeway… go ahead and google it right now.. ’cause it’s amazing. While you are googling, book yourself a ticket and go immediately. Bonus: Bushmill’s Distillery is right around the corner. And a really good sandwich place, but I don’t remember the name.. but find it. It’s worth the search.)
- Juja Farm, Kenya (This was home. Three months of our lives were spent with minimal electricity, meals over a fire pit, working to get hot water, and smushing mosquitoes against our net in the middle of the night. And we wouldn’t change it for the world. This place was life changing and beautiful.)
- Positano, Italy (First of all, the Amalfi Coast is like dumb pretty. It doesn’t even make sense in my head how something can be so absolutely stunning. But this little town, with lemons the size of your face, colorful homes tucked in the rocky coast, and all the gelati you can eat, has our heart… even though we were only there for a day.)
- Dingle Peninsula, Ireland (Our first night in Ireland, on our honeymoon was spent here. We arrived at 1am after a CRAZY day of traveling, and woke up to the most breath taking sight.. and most amazing Irish breakfast you will ever experience, served by the sweetest Bed and Breakfast host in the world. Pax Guesthouse.)
- Kauai, Hawaii (We toyed with the idea of just moving here. Amazing beaches that are completely unique. Incredible weather, despite the short, daily rains. And roosters who roam the whole island. We loved it.)
- Big Sur & Yosemite, California (Driving on the PCH in a convertible, and then camping near the coastline in Big Sur… So beautiful! And seeing redwoods for the first time. Trees are AMAZING! And then Yosemite. Speechless.)
- Duck, North Carolina (Our home away from home… A beachhouse we can visit during the offseason, just to take a step back, or even to use for a styled shoot! And a little oasis for Tusker.)
- Brugge, Belgium (Chocolate, waffles, & beer… this place was made for us! And traveling by boat around the city is probably the coolest form of public transportation. Brugge is a must if you visit Paris, just a short drive to the west!)
- Santorini, Greece (Amazing views from all angles… The white homes create a stunning statement compared to the rocky Island, with it’s long and high walks, beautifully blue water, & endless donkeys, in case you need a taxi…)
- Lake Naivasha, Kenya (Though we also visited Masai Mara, Staying at the Kiangazi house was top of the list in our vacationing in Kenya. The nicest staff in the world, with a private game reserve with an open campfire, and a Tusker Beer in hand, watching the sunset in the park. Not to mention, just across the street is Crescent Island, where you get to walk with the animals in their natural habitat! Giraffe’s & zebra a few feet away, and afterwards, a tour on the lake, surrounded by hippopotamus!)